Friday, May 4, 2012

Fit Fridays : Regiments

If its one thing i learned from working out is that no two body types are the same! there are an infinite combination of workout routines that might or might not suit you and the best way to get a working one, is by trial and error.

i started out doing the usual, hitting high reps, trying to increase my weights, going as heavy as my balls could possible withstand. You know, the usual. I only focused on my arms and my chest, everyday it was either arm or chest. And after months and months of gymming, I was going no where. Till i met a good friend of mine who thought me the error of my ways and taught me ALOT of things. Here are some of the things i've learned:

1) ALL-ROUNDER
Always workout the entire body! Never hope to build just your biceps or your triceps or your buttceps. NEVER. Almost every type of exercise out there uses more than the focus muscle and requires strength from many other muscles. So to really gain strength in your exercises, be balanced and work on the rest of your body as well!

2)SUPERSETS
 Supersets, will tear your shit up. A superset is a combination of 2 or more types of exercises in one 'Routine'. For example, 12reps of tricep pulldowns + 12reps of dips = 1 set of workout. I feel that supersets really help shape your muscles and give it definition as it increases your heart-rate and burns off fat much quicker than weight-oriented exercises.

3)DEADLIFTS vs SQUATS


want to bulk up and gain mass? here's your ticket. Studies have shown that 'Squatz' and 'Deadliftz' release the most amount of hormones into the body which facilitates muscle growth. Furthermore, these two exercises are also paramount to gaining strength. My bench-presses and bicep-curls increase dramatically after i started dead-lifting. Plus, without working on your lower back, you might encounter spinal issues at older ages due to wear-and-tear.


There are loads of other things that i have learnt over the course of my gymming experience. It may not be much but it has certainly helped me and i want nothing more than to share this knowledge. At the risk of making this post abit to lengthy i shall stop here and continue next Friday where i'll expand on this topic, as well as post up my personal routines! Lastly, these are strictly MY personal opinion and you have any input, or noticed that i have slipped my shit, please do let me now. Thank you




Stay Tuned


No comments:

Post a Comment